How to Earn Money Online Selling Other People’s Stuff In As Little As Three Hours Per Week
I have written about making money online by selling other peoples’ products in the past, and people always ask me,? can I really make money by selling other poeple’s products online? and to that my response has always been simple; YES.
Hence, this article is a continuum of other posts about how to earn money online by promoting and selling other people’s products. In which case, we’re going to cover a lot in this article.
Fortunately, your action steps at the end of this article will take relatively little time. You’re likely to spend more time “working” this week as a result of reading this lesson.
However, because this is a critical basic post, I feel compelled to cover it all. If you take your time to read this article to the very end, you’ll have a clear concept of how to start and grow an affiliate business. Additionally, you’ll have made some critical choices about what you’ll be promoting. That sounds fantastic!
NOTE: Making money, selling other people’s products is defined to mean earning money by doing an online business model called affiliate marketing. Hence, your job mainly to promote other people’s products in exchange for a commission.
Ready? Let’s all jump in together…
- The Four Stages of the Affiliate Marketing Business Model
- 1) A Fundamental Plan.
- A more effective method of promoting your affiliate link
- 2) Niche Research and Product Selection.
- The 3 easy factors I use to determine which target audience to focus on.
- Four additional factors to consider when selecting an affiliate program to join.
- Where can you sign up for an affiliate program?
- 3. Sales Channel Establishment
- a. Set up an affiliate blog
- b) Email Marketing (Set up a landing Page)
- 4. Promote and drive traffic to these channels.
The Four Stages of the Affiliate Marketing Business Model
I’d like to discuss this affiliate business strategy in four basic steps. Allow me to summarize them for you first, and then we’ll delve deeper.
1) A Fundamental Plan. The affiliate marketing business begins with the development of a fundamental plan. This is your overarching plan for generating sales via your affiliate link. This will be discussed later in the article.
2) Niche Research & Product Selection. After you’ve gained a firm grasp on how to earn money as an affiliate, it’s time to make some critical choices. To begin earning affiliate commissions, you’ll need to choose a market, a product to promote as an affiliate, and a domain name.
3) Sales Channel Establishment. Once you’ve made your initial judgments, it’s time to begin establishing two critical components that will enable you to earn a big revenue as an affiliate: a blog (which is completely free) and a list (free to low-cost). This will has been discussed many times in some of these post. .
4) Promotion & Selling. This final stage. This is the area where you will repeatedly promote your affiliate link. There are numerous methods for accomplishing this, and we’ll explore EVERY single one that has been demonstrated to be effective.
I realize that all of this sounds quite thrilling. Therefore, let us begin by delving deeper into each of these stages. Additionally, we’ll make some essential decisions for your affiliate business.
Let us discuss these stages of the affiliate marketing business model…
1) A Fundamental Plan.
The first thing we need to do is develop a foundational plan for you to implement over the next few weeks and months. I’m going to summarize everything for you and then explain why it’s critical that you approach affiliate marketing in this manner.
Create a blog and a mailing list with the sole purpose of generating sales for your affiliate link, and then direct as many people as possible to your blog and mailing list.
I am aware. You may be thinking, “I thought I was going to promote my affiliate link!” at first sight. You will, I assure you. However, by doing so, you will significantly raise your affiliate commission checks.
Allow me to discuss some of the secrets to affiliate marketing success, and then we’ll return to this method. Hold on to your hats, because you’re about to receive a comprehensive education in affiliate marketing.
This is how a large number of people promote their preferred offer…
They simply promote their affiliate link and direct users to the website, which contains the product salesletter.
I’d want to ask you two brief questions on this practice:
1) Who ultimately benefits?
2) What happens to those who choose not to purchase?
Consider this for a moment. Who benefits ultimately from your efforts when you send a visitor to a salespage?
I’ll give you a hint: it is NOT YOU who is responsible.
The product’s owner does. Why? Because if they are any kind of marketer, they would have some sort of LIST for visitors to subscribe to. And then they get to market to that subscriber indefinitely. Not only may they sell their own items, but they can also promote the products of others.
Take Note: While they will almost certainly use the first few follow-up offers to promote their own, and you WILL almost certainly receive a commission on referrals, everyone understands the true value is in the long-term offers delivered. Any future offers they send out promoting other products will keep you in the dark.
And while you earned them that subscriber through your efforts, you are not compensated for any future sales.
Now, let us return to the second question. The average salesletter converts at roughly 2%. That indicates that 98 out of every 100 visitors you send to the site will not make a purchase. What becomes to such individuals?
They either go empty-handed and never to be seen again, or they join the list and are provided with a range of offers. In either case, it will not benefit you in the long run.
That is a LOT of effort wasted, isn’t it? You’re looking at a rather tiny return on your work and money spent generating traffic to your affiliate link.
Fortunately, there is an alternative. A far superior method. That superior method is as follows: “catch the subscriber first.”
A more effective method of promoting your affiliate link
1) Create a mailing list on your blog. This might be through the distribution of a free report, the publication of a regular newsletter, the offering of a mini-course, or the sharing of articles. It can be anything. Simply ensure that everything is…
A. Suggestions for desirable information that would entice subscribers.
B. Is highly relevant to the affiliate offer you’re marketing.
After you’ve created and installed your list, proceed as follows…
2) Instead of promoting your affiliate link, promote your list. Your primary goal should be to develop YOUR list, not someone else’s. That manner, YOU can advertise deals to them repeatedly over time.
3) Provide them with a link to your affiliate page. Configure your list such that new subscribers are redirected to a “thank you” page that confirms their subscription and informs them to check their email for the first issue/lesson/download link, etc. Include a bolded link that states “Click Here To Proceed.” That italicized link should be an affiliate link for you!
What have you put in place now?
• YOU CREATE YOUR OWN LIST!
• YOU CREATE YOUR OWN BRAND! (For example, your given name, domain name, or list name)
• YOU CREATE YOUR OWN CREDIBILITY! (As a result of the stuff you share) Additionally…
You STILL get them to the affiliate product sales page, as you intended.
Only now have you compiled a list of them.
4) Continued follow-up to ensure long-term conversion. Once you’ve added new subscribers to your list, it’s up to you to nurture their relationship. Provide them with excellent articles and other content promoting your principal product. Additionally, do not stop there. Promote related offers to continue generating revenue for months, if not years, to come.
Simply keep in mind that you must first collect the opt-in. Never take users directly to the affiliate sales page for the product or service you’re marketing. Always begin by compiling a list of them. Thus, YOU gain the maximum advantage from your time and financial investment.
Which is superior…
Option A: Promote your affiliate link and relinquish control over the individual who clicks on it, or
Option B: Promote your list and be able to make them offer after offer over an extended period of time?
I don’t want to get ahead of ourselves to the point where you feel overwhelmed or confused, but there are MANY excellent reasons to choose Option B…
- You will have numerous opportunities to market your affiliate link via a range of articles, reports, mini-courses, blog posts, tips, newsletter issues, and reviews.
- You get to develop a relationship with the subscriber and earn their confidence so they will automatically purchase your recommendations.
- You’ll have the option to advertise not just ONE product, but a slew of them throughout time, all of which will earn you commissions.
- You get to learn about purchasing behaviors and hot buttons in order to fine-tune your promos and increase conversion rates as more subscribers become paying clients.
I could go on and on, but I will refrain because it may get you so enthusiastic that you lose sight of the IMMEDIATE STEP in front of you.
To summarize, this is an incredible affiliate marketing model. This concludes the conversation. Period. The game is over. We appreciate your participation.
Now, keep in mind that this is the FUNDAMENTAL PLAN. That is our destination. However, we are going to take doable “baby steps” to get there. This is all you’re going to need to do:
1) Make some choices (later today).
2) Create a blog. (An in depth guide to creating any business blog goes here).
3) Construct a list. (How to create an email list; the fastest Approach).
4) Begin promoting your blog, which contains the list.
Each of these processes will take approximately 1-3 hours per week. Thus, the end result will be monumental, but the process will be measured in modest stages. I PROMISE that if you take one step at a time, you will not become overwhelmed.
I just wanted to lay out the approach for you so you understand where we’re headed. Congratulations. You’ve completed the first stage.
Get free instance access to 100 Profound Profit making strategies that bring massive affiliate income in no distant time. (vol 1)
READ ALSO: THE Ultimate Guide to Affiliate Marketing: learn in depth how to start making decent income from home by promoting affiliate programs.
2) NICHE RESEARCH & PRODUCT SELECTION.
This second “stage” contains the majority of what you’re going to do and you must make several critical judgments, or selections, about your affiliate marketing business.
I’ll guide you through each one and provide some suggestions, but ultimately, it’s your choice.
Three Critical Decisions to Make Today:
#1: Which “market” will you pursue?
The first thing I want you to do (and that you absolutely must do!) is to identify a LARGE (I.E. BROAD) “market” or “target audience” upon which to establish your business.
Weight loss is an example of a “market.”
For instance, consider the following “target audience”: persons seeking to lose weight and/or improve their physical fitness.
Take note that I said chose a GENERAL “market” or “target audience” – NOT a more specific “niche.”
Rather than identifying a niche, developing an offer for it, and then moving on to another…
By giving various offers, you may narrow down your target demographic and build your business around a core group of subscribers and site visitors.
You do not need a million niches to succeed online. You require a single viable target audience. We’re going to simplify things — while still making a lot of money. Rather than focusing on small niches, you seek out bigger target audiences and give them a variety of highly relevant products.
The goal here is to identify clients who purchase from you on a regular basis.
In the long run, you want to market to them MULTIPLE, RELATED offerings.
“Weight Loss” Marketing ExhibitTM
The weight loss industry is a multibillion-dollar industry. There are literally millions of potential clients who are trying to lose weight and improve their fitness levels. You could begin as an affiliate by pushing a single product to this market. Then, over time, you’ll be able to advertise a diverse array of “similar” products…
- How to Tone Your Stomach
- Exercise Routines That Take Only a Minute
- Seven Ways to Increase Your Metabolism
- Meal Plan for a Low-Calorie Diet
- Improve Your Health by Walking
- Yoga for Absolute Beginners
That is to say, we could go on and on with ideas. These items are all rather distinct from one another, but they are all related to the interests of our target demographic.
As an affiliate, you can promote dozens of different offers throughout time. Ultimately, your clients will make multiple transactions with you.
For comprehensive understanding of how to do affiliate niche research click here
The 3 easy factors I use to determine which target audience to focus on.
1) A demographic that is accustomed to spending money.
If the target audience is not accustomed to spending money – and, in general, a “significant” amount of money – there is no purpose in putting any effort at them. “College students” is a poor target audience because the majority of them are impoverished! On the other hand, “golfers” spend a million dollars a year on their pastime; they very surely qualify.
2) A target audience to whom a range of offerings can be made.
If your target audience is restricted in terms of what you can sell to them, this is another warning indicator. You want to be able to present a variety of offers related to the general theme of the target audience you’ve chosen in order to generate additional revenue streams over time.
3) A demographic to which you are personally drawn. (Optional)
While this is not required, it is certainly a benefit. If you can identify a target audience / market that matches points 1 and 2 AND you have a strong personal interest in it, you’ve made your pick. An individual’s passion, experience, or knowledge of a certain target audience benefits you in numerous aspects of business development. It is not necessary, but it is beneficial.
There are numerous “markets” from which to choose. Several examples include Arts and Crafts, Beauty, Business, Careers, Computers and Technology, Cooking, Dating, Disease and Illness, Health and Fitness, Hobbies, Home Schooling, Leadership, Motivational, Parenting, Public Speaking, Recreation and Sports, Relationships, Religion, Romance, Success, Self-Help, Sports, and Time Management.
Any of these markets are excellent. Obviously, there are many more.
The Profitability Clue: If a successful magazine devoted to a particular subject exists, If the market has a sizable audience, it is almost certainly profitable. Magazines are ad-supported and thus a good indicator of a market’s financial health. There is undoubtedly money to be made if there are numerous successful magazines. (For inspiration, visit Magazines.com, your neighborhood newsstand, or the magazine rack at your favorite bookshop.)
If you are unsure of a market, consider one of the following major divisions from Clickbank’s Marketplace…
After deciding on your market, it’s time to make your second choice…
#2: Which “product” are you going to promote?
I’m a firm believer in promoting “information” products simply because they typically offer a higher profit margin for you. Thus, for the purposes of this program, you’ll pick a product or service that you may advertise as an affiliate that sells “information” products such as…
- • Ebooks.
- • Websites that require membership.
- • Special reports.
- • Program of coaching.
- • A computer program.
- • Service.
- • Club.
- • Licenses for information.
The most frequently used will be a “ebook” or a “subscription site.” Naturally, you can promote anything you wish.
Now, before we discuss WHAT product or service to sell as your initial offer, allow me to make three suggestions regarding the “kind” of programs to promote. While you can market ANY product or service as an affiliate, these three are particularly effective.
“Kinds” are more profitable in the long run…
1. High-Ticket. (Good) Finding affiliate programs that sell high-priced products is a fantastic strategy simply because you earn a higher fee each transaction. For example, if you advertise a $27 deal and earn 50% commission on each sale, you make $13.50 each transaction. If you advertise a $997 offer and get 50% commission on each sale, you earn $498.50. Earnings per transaction are much different. There is, however, a disadvantage. It’s far easier to convince someone to part with $27 than it is to convince someone to part with $997. I love this article: 10 Techniques to sell high ticket affiliate products on sooperarticles . I recommend it.
2. Numerous Offers. (Better): Another option is to locate affiliate programs that offer a variety of products for which you earn a commission when you suggest a buyer. In other words, if a consumer purchases Product A as a result of your first advertising and then purchases Products B, C, D, and so on from the seller, you get a commission on those sales as well.
3. Recurring Revenue. (Best): What I believe to be the “best” affiliate programs to promote are those that REBILL their clients on a consistent basis. These “subscription” plans allow you to earn a commission ONCE THE CUSTOMER IS RESCHEDULED. So, if you market a membership site and a customer joins you get a commission and are paid immediately upon the initial sale. However, the story does not end there. Additionally, you get a commission each time the customer is rebilled for the duration of their active status.
As you evaluate whatever product or service to advertise as an affiliate, I’d recommend you to explore these three “types” of affiliate programs.
Four additional factors to consider when selecting an affiliate program to join.
1. Payment. Consider programs that have a track record of accurate tracking and prompt payment. They should offer a straightforward pay structure that details the income you’ll receive: commission amount, payment schedule, tracking information, method of payment, and terms.
2. Potential. Seek out programs with a constantly expanding product line. As markets mature and goods become obsolete, it is critical that new releases are accessible to diversify your revenue streams.
3. Promotion. You’ll want to ensure that the affiliate network you join offers an abundance of pre-designed promotional materials… particularly rebrandable substance (Ex. Articles, reports, etc.) Accept no less than programs that include a few solo mailings and banner advertisements. You’re going to need as much pre-made CONTENT as possible to distribute to your market.
4. Profit. Clearly, it’s all about profit. Consider sites that rank highly in terms of sales volume, have effective sales procedures, generate back-end offers, and (ideally) fall into one of the three “types” of offers outlined above.
With that said…
Where can you sign up for an affiliate program?
There are other locations where affiliate programs can be found, but for the sake of time and convenience, allow me to highlight what I believe to be the two best…
Affiliate Program Resource Number One: The Marketplace called Clickbank. One of the reasons I like Clickbank’s marketplace is that they have current rankings for affiliate programs that are calculated using a proprietary formula that indicates the program’s overall health. If you’ve chosen a market based on their index.
Simply click on the market link on the website to access a variety of programs. In general (but not always), the sites near the top are your best bets. Each program offered in their marketplace has an affiliate program.
Clickbank is one of the web’s oldest and most popular affiliate marketplace. Clickbank ensures that you are compensated for your advertising activities immediately. More like clickbank, jvzoo, warriorplus, Amazon, ebay are a host of others that serves as top alternative to clickbank.
Affiliate Program Resource Number Two : The following platforms are good places to find recurring affiliate programs as explained above: commission junction. Impact, Partnerstack, Viglink, shareasale.com and a host of others.
Affiliate Program Marketplace Number Three: CPA offers marketplace: the follwoing are affiliate programe marketplace to get CPA affiliate offers: Maxbounty, Adworkmedia, and Clickbooth.com.
Want A Massive Time Saver?
If you’re interested in “internet marketing,” “home business,”, “making money”or health and wellness and a host of others as your market or affiliate niche, I can save you a lot of time and effort when it comes to selecting an affiliate program to join. I can also give you with a lot more plug-n-play resources to aid you in promoting the best kind of product. Contact me.
It is entirely up to you the product or service you wish to promote. However, if you want to avoid research and have someone tell you “this is a winning product,” this is the quickest and easiest way to decide.
This brings us to the final and the most important decision you must make…
3: Which “domain” are you going to register?
This will cost less than ten dollars for a one-year registration.
You can register a domain name using at http://www.namecheap.com.
However, I’d like to suggest something much simpler in terms of domain name selection. It’s a straightforward formula…
Subject + suffix = domainname.com.
That is, you take a keyword or key phrase related to your target market (for example, affiliate, diet, inspiration, home business, or travel) and combine it with one of the suffixes listed below to create a domain name that you can register.
Consider the following example…
EXAMPLE: If you include the term “HomeJob” in these, the following domain names will result: HomeBusinessWorld.com, homejobWatch.com, homejobtrends.com, homejobonline.com, homejobsuccess.com, and homejobresults.com. etc.
(As a side note, I have no idea whether any of those domain names are already used and have no association with or recommendation for them.)
While we’ve covered a lot of ground today, what you need to do now should only take a few minutes. No more than three hours – certainly no more than three hours if you follow my instructions.
In summary, pick a market, join an affiliate program, and register a domain.
To wrap it up:
3. Sales Channel Establishment
These are channels where you will be promoting your affiliate products. There are several other ways of promoting your affiliate link by the way, however, the major and yet important ones which I will want you to explore is blogging and email marketing approaches.
a. Set up an affiliate blog
As I have stated earlier, I have already written about some of the ways of making money promoting other people’s products; one of those methods, which I have written enormously about, is blogging. Hence, as an affiliate marketer, if you want to make more commission and beat your competition, you must become an affiliate blogger. By affiliate-blogger I mean, you use blog marketing methods to promote your products. I won’t discussed much on this as I have written in-depth how to become an outstanding affiliate-blogger here.
To start a blog: you can either use a free blog or a paid blog. A free blogger blog is pretty much reasonable to use as a beginner (who doesn’t have much to spend, or just trying it out). All you have to do is register your domain name, as I have stated before, from Namecheap.com, the best domain name registrar, and go over to blogger.com to start your blog. Follow this ultimate guide to setting up a free blogger blog here. (It is a complete step-by-step guide with images attached.)
Secondly, the paid Method: The best blogging and website builder you can use and that is majorly used on the internet today is WordPress.org. WordPress.org comes with seemingly easy plugins and customization features that makes life easy for a blogger.
To install a WordPress blog, you will need a Hosting platform and a domain name registrar. Of all the domain name registrars I have acquainted myself with, Bluehost is still the best, and we cannot help but recommend it to anyone from wealthonnet. Bluehost is cheap, has good uptime, and it comes with various freebie packages like domain name registration (which means you definitely don’t need to buy a domain name elsewhere, as it will be provided when you take even the least expensive hosting plan on Bluehost), free SLS certificate that guarantees the safety of your website, and more. Here is a page where I explain, in step-by-step guide, how to set up a wordpress blog on Bluehost.
b) Email Marketing (Set up a landing Page)
In my knowledge of affiliate marketing, I come to understand that most affiliates lose money and effort when they carelessly or unknowingly send traffic or their audience directly to their vendors’ websites. Scroll back up as I have explained why you shouldn’t do this but that you must first create a mailing list and start promoting your offers to them.
I have written about the fastest way of building your mailing list before, however the following are a few ways of doing so.
- On your blog, add a subscriber plugin (a contact form) where your blog visitors can subscribe to your mailing list.
- Get a good email marketing software, (as reviewed and ranked): Create a landing page, offer a free ebook, software, or service in exchange for your audience’s email.
- Buy solo ads from reputable websites or vendors. Etc.
- Promoting (Driving traffic) & Selling
There are several ways to promote affiliate products. and the best forms of promotion will be explained.
Remember: you have gotten an affiliate niche and a product to promote, you have created your affiliate blog or website, and you have set up an email autoresponder. Now the next thing in line is to drive traffic to your blog, website, or landing page.
On your blog, you have written a review of the very product you are promoting with a call to action that states what you want your readers to do after reading your posts.
Your landing page: a page where you directed your readers to get an offer in exchange for their email.
4. Promote and drive traffic to these channels.
The following are just 5 of the best 25 ways to drive traffic to your website, blog, or landing pages.
Pay Per Click (PPC): This is a paid method of running ads to your product sales page using good ads. It is pretty fast, reliable, and result-oriented—that’s if you give yourself time to study how to run an effective google ads campaign. This course on Fiverr and Alison is a go-to area to in-depthly understand how to run google ads campaigns.
Another platform is facebook ads campaign, I have a free resource here for you to study and understand how to go about it. (Note: This is the fastest way, but at the same time it is riskier. To overcome the risk involved, ensure you don’t run ads to the vendor page, but rather, run ads to your landing page so as to retain your audience).
Just if you want massive lead , sales and business exposure, using PPC, Sharon Lee Thony: (Expert digital marketer with 15+ years of experience building global brands & creating award-winning marketing campaigns) has done a wonderful job in covering everything you need to know about running a successful PPC campaign. You can check out her course on fiverr.
Leveraging Social Media: A recent report stated that 61% of affiliates use social media, which means social media is a go-to area in promoting your products. There are a lot of social media sites out there that you can make use of to promote your blog, and your affiliate products.
Among which are: facebook groups and pages, online forums, twitter, Instagram, Tiktok Pinterest etc. Engage your audience and followers with relevant content, share your links to them, and send them to your blog. By so doing, you are giving your affiliate business exposure and at the same time driving traffic to your website.
I single handedly search and recommends this free course on Alison website for you. Social Media Marketing Bootstrap and fundamentals.
Use Article Marketing: This is one of the best methods of driving traffic to your blog or landing page. It is a method that helps you in the long run. It involves writing quality articles that relate to your niche and sharing them to article directories (websites with high domain authority and thousands of visitors on a daily basis; examples are Articlefactory.com, Sooperarticles.com etc.). In most article directories, there is a resource box where you have the option to promote any product you want. Using this approach, you can easily drive traffic to your blog and landing page. If you understand the secret of article marketing just as I have written here, I bet you won’t have much trouble getting traffic to your product page or blog.
Guest blogging: This is more like using article directories: it involves researching for other blogs in your niche and write for them and in turn you are allowed a link or two as backlink to you blog. This will help increase the DA of your blog and at the same time, get you more traffic.
Let me conclude by telling you about selling: once you’ve set up all the above requirements, trust me, you will make sale, sales, more sales, most sales, and recurring sales. In fact, a single post on your blog can be bring sales on daily basis for years.
To conclude: making money online by selling other people’s product is basically achieve by: creating a fundamental plan, doing niche and product research, creating a selling channel (blogs and email list), after that you drive traffic and start making money. That’s all.
Mind you, all what you have just learnt here are just a tip of an iceberg compared to My 100 Profound profit making strategies that boost affiliates Income. You can go wrong with this powerful guide.