- Top 3 Free email marketing service providers
- An In-depth review of the top 7 free email marketing services
- Summary and Conclusion
And that’s why most of the time, the very first form of marketing approach I always advise brands and agencies (especially the new and upcoming ones) to start prioritizing as soon as possible is email marketing.
I wrote some time ago the benefits of email marketing to any business, and I made my clients and blog readers understand that if they don’t build their email list, the business may die. It’s a bitter truth by the way.
What do you think it means when:
- 64% of small businesses use email marketing to reach customers. (Campaign Monitor, 2021)
- 81% of B2B marketers say their most used form of content marketing is email newsletters. (Content Marketing Institute, 2020)
- 50% of people buy from marketing emails at least once per month while 59% of respondents say that marketing emails have influenced their purchases. (Salecycle, 2022)
You definitely know what it means, and by now, you should be on the same page with me concerning the effectiveness of email marketing for any business.
Absolutely, to have a good email marketing experience, it takes professional email marketing services to do it. And it often costs a lot of money.
However, you need not be afraid because many of these same professional email service providers have free plans for B2C and B2B that have little or no capital outlay to start.
So, if you are ready to start your email marketing on a free note, keep on reading as I have done my research and I came up with the top 7 free email marketing services that you can use, and can at the same time get the job done very well.
Of all the 7 email marketing services that I researched, the following are my top 3 picks.
Top 3 Free email marketing service providers
This straightforward and user-friendly email marketing solution comes with useful extras like automations and push notifications, in addition to a sizable sending capacity.
- 2,500 subscribers
- 15,000 emails p/m
- Autoresponders + transactional emails
- Push notifications
With access to almost all of the tool’s features, this is definitely one of the more extensive free plans we’ve seen in terms of extras (landing pages and team accounts not included).
It’s the only tool we’ve tested that doesn’t brand your emails with its own logo. Check out our In-depth Moosend review
- 1,000 subscribers
- Unlimited emails
- All features included
- No Moosend branding in emails
In terms of emails, Sendinblue’s free plan has a few more limitations. There is a daily cap of 300, but you are only allowed to have up to 9,000 every month. Additionally, their branding can be shown in every email.
- Unlimited subscribers
- 9,000 emails p/m
- Marketing automation
- Basic reporting
An In-depth review of the top 7 free email marketing services
Want to go pro right from start? Then check out the 7 best email marketing platforms in 2022 (reviewed and ranked)
SENDER Free Email Marketing Services
Sender is one of the top free email marketing tools available, Sender has capabilities to guarantee deliverability.
It enables users to produce visually appealing newsletters. Simply select a template and add components like photographs, videos, and text to make it your own.
For an even greater effect, you can even design your newsletters specifically for each recipient.
Sender is one of the most user-friendly email marketing platforms thanks to its straightforward layout and seamless user experience. Its free plan also offers a sizable quantity of up to 15,000 emails and 2,500 subscribers per month.
Additionally, you receive a good number of features, like forms, push notifications, transactional emails, and automation.
The next level of service costs $10 per month and includes 2,500 subscribers and 30,000 emails per month. In addition, there are pay-as-you-go programs.
Distinguishing features of Sender
- Utilizing Google Analytics
- SPAM scanner and checker
- Email automation using automation splits and custom triggers for things like welcome emails and drip campaigns
- Prebuild and built-in workflows
- Three email editing options: drag-and-drop, HTML, and plain text
- Access to a product selector, image library, image editor, and email templates
- Every email campaign can be personalized.
- With contact profiles, segmentation is limitless.
- Including popups, embeds, custom fields, and GDPR consent, many form kinds
- A strong analytics platform that monitors audience growth, clicks, campaigns, and automation
- Access to the API and integrations with applications like Shopify, PrestaShop, and WordPress
- 24/7 chat assistance
Usage and Verdict: Sender is the best option for small businesses that want to develop but not too quickly because it keeps expenses reasonable when you upgrade and the free plan has higher restrictions than some competitors. The program offers smaller firms and startups more benefits than it does massive corporations.
Moosend Free Email Marketing Service
Moosend is a fantastic email marketing solution that allows you to automate routine processes and save time. Based on the data and/or activities of your subscribers, you can create behavioral email campaigns.
Its sophisticated segmentation tool enables you to send incredibly precise emails to every recipient, boosting open and click-through rates as well as ROI.
In terms of design, this tool gives you a thorough report on the performance of your campaigns so you can figure out exactly how to improve them.
With its bright interface and entertaining branding, it’s undoubtedly one of the more aesthetically pleasing ones available.
Although the free plan only permits up to 1,000 subscribers, the other features are actually rather substantial; you have access to practically all of them and are given unlimited emails, (team accounts and landing pages are exempt), and, uniquely, there is no Moosend branding in your emails.
Even some of your favorite apps can be integrated with it to provide seamless information transfer between tools. One of the few free email marketing platforms that won’t insert its logo into your emails is this one.
Distinguishing Characteristics of Moosend
- A cutting-edge email editor and templates with no cost
- A clever subject line suggestion and countdown timers are included.
- There is simple automation and a free email autoresponder available.
- Support and help are available straight via chat.
- They have the most liberal free email marketing plan, with 5.000 subscribers, and all features. * Free landing page builder. Various avenues of support are open throughout European business hours.
- Unlimited email list subscribers, the capacity to get in touch with 250 of those subscribers, and a limit of 500 email sends per month
- 60 SMS messages maximum
- 500 web push notifications maximum
- Drag-and-drop builder allows you to customize expert templates.
- Automation and workflows, some of which are prebuilt, such as those for sending receipts or emails to customers who abandoned their carts
- Reporting on basic sales and performance
- A/B testing for all email campaigns,
- Facebook’s custom audiences and the Google customer match tool
- Automation splits for segment-specific message personalization
- And lot more….
Usage and Verdict: Moosend is an excellent free alternative for eCommerce stores. If you don’t own a store, you can still use this free email marketing tool, but you won’t have access to many of the advanced features. It’s mostly for new e-commerce startups that might later upgrade to a premium plan as they expand.
Get our free Ebook: Prolific Email Marketing: Proven Guides For an Effective Email Marketing Campaign.
Hubspot Free Email marketing Service
HubSpot, which is best known for its marketing automation platform, just introduced a free email marketing solution that may meet many of the transactional email requirements of a small business.
HubSpot Email Marketing’s free edition can be used to send kickback emails from lead offers, thank you emails following purchases, or simply to advertise existing campaigns.
The simplicity of use of HubSpot’s free email tool is one of its strongest features. The program has a convenient drag-and-drop visual editor and pre-made templates to help you get started right away.
Naturally, the natural integration of HubSpot Email Marketing with other HubSpot technologies, including the free-for-life CRM, is what sets it apart.
Distinguishing Features of Hubspot
- This all-inclusive marketing platform offers email marketing in addition to any other tools you would require to synchronize your marketing and sales efforts:
- You can generate eye-catching emails with HubSpot’s drag-and-drop email builder without the help of designers or IT.
- With HubSpot’s built-in A/B testing, email automation, and segmentation features, you can raise email engagement.
- Email deliveries can be timed in advance to reach your audience at the best time.
- Utilize HubSpot’s GDPR-compliant forms and opt-ins to safeguard your customers’ personal information.
- By combining all of your marketing tools in one location, HubSpot provides a simpler experience.
- You can easily see the results and progress of your campaign thanks to the visual UI.
- In order to have a deeper knowledge of your marketing performance, you may also create bespoke reports.
- The built-in analytics tools can also be used to evaluate the success of your marketing campaigns.
- On the website, there are additional elements that might help you quickly locate solutions to your questions.
Usage and Verdict: it is idea for both big and small businesses that is looking for a comprehensive CRM. Once you register an account, you have access to tools, allowing you to manage and track email performance as well as construct a consolidated contact database and organize it into lists.
A well-known and comprehensive email marketing solution is GetResponse. They offer services like webinar software, email marketing campaigns, and high-converting landing page software.
As a result, it is acknowledged as an enterprise marketing solution with scalability advantages including cheap cost and end-to-end client dashboards.
As a result, I constantly advise to marketers who require more than a straightforward landing page to accomplish their objectives.
A permanently free plan was just added by GetResponse. With this plan, you can host a website on a custom domain, build signup forms, send unlimited emails, and create 1 landing page. For a free plan, it’s a great offer.
Distinguishing Characteristics of Getresponse
- Unlimited free emails and a website builder with 5 GB of bandwidth are included. You can use their SEO optimization tools and connect your own domain as well.
- There are more than 500 email templates available, and the editor is adaptable and simple to use.
- Autofunnel, a tool that includes 30+ pre-made landing pages, email templates, and sales sequences, is another noteworthy feature of this article. Your ultimate objectives are another option. Whether you want to boost lead generation, product sales, or webinar registrations, autofunnel is the solution.
- They are made to increase conversions in your funnel and your email list:
- Integrated analytics.
- Integrates with a number of platforms, including Facebook, Bing, KissMetrics, Adwords, Google Analytics, and Bing
- Use forms to gather leads and incorporate them into your GetResponse email system.
- Thousands of templates and stock images
- A/B testing
- PayPal button to accept payments
- Drag-and-drop builder is also incredibly user-friendly, making it simple to create high-quality emails.
- Support is offered in numerous languages.
Verdict and Usage : GetResponse is a great email marketing platform for managing automated sales processes and landing pages.
Beginning as a provider of transactional email, Sendinblue has successfully entered the market for email marketing services, including cutting-edge capabilities like SMS marketing and email automation.
There is a daily restriction of 300 emails on their free plan, but you can have an unlimited number of subscribers and send up to 9,000 emails every month. You won’t have access to email heat maps, information on openers and clickers, or ad-free emails, among other services.
Compared to other solutions, marketing automation is a little more sophisticated, offering opportunities to create and even test different campaign workflows (e.g. based on page visits, email engagement, and product purchases).
You are permitted an unlimited amount of contacts under the free plan, but you are only permitted to send 300 emails each day. Because of this, using this platform to simultaneously send email blasts to all of your subscribers may not be the best idea. There is no subscriber cap, though, so it’s extremely flexible if you utilize a lot of drip programs.
The Lite plan, the first upgrade, costs $25 per month and offers 20,000 monthly email sends. The daily sending cap is also gone.
Distinguishing Features of Sendinblue
- A robust drag-and-drop email editor with a variety of email templates
- Autoresponders, email coupons, and page tracking are all impressive features of email marketing automation.
- integrations with applications like Typeform, RSS, and Google Contacts
- Installing a chat window on your website
- SMS advertising
- Personalization of emails and SMS to provide contact information for customers
- Using sophisticated segmentation, you may manage your contacts and only email-specific users.
- customizable registration forms
- An integrated sales CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tool for monitoring team member activities and customer interactions
- a communal inbox
- Monitoring campaign performance in real-time
- Customer support via email
- integrations with renowned e-commerce platforms like WooCommerce and Shopify
Usage and Verdict: Sendinblue is a wonderful email marketing services if you have a large number of subscribers but do not need to communicate them all at once because of the way the free account functions.
You won’t have to pay anything for Sendinblue if your daily email sending volume is less than 300. Because of its official plugin, it’s also a wonderful choice for WordPress users, and it offers superior analytics than many other free email marketing platforms.
MailerLite stands out from other free email marketing solutions available on the market because to its sophisticated features like the pop-up customizer and landing page builder.
The tool has a powerful text editor and an integrated photo editor in addition to the essentials like the drag-and-drop email builder, allowing users to produce eye-catching emails.
Your chances of generating conversions will increase if you design responsive landing pages that go along with your emails. To determine which iterations of your email generate the most clicks and conversions, you can perform split tests on them.
Additionally, MailerLite gives you access to a thorough campaign report that includes vital data like click rate, unsubscribe rate, open rate, and more.
The free plan includes a 1,000 subscriber cap and the second-highest 12,000 monthly send cap on our list. You will have access to almost all of the fundamental email marketing functions with the free edition, but you might have to forgo certain more sophisticated features.
You won’t have access to all of the email templates, live chat assistance, heatmaps, or A/B testing, in other words. For $9.00 a month, you can enable all of this (as well as unlimited monthly emails). Instead, you must pay $15 each month if you wish to raise the subscription cap to 2,500.
Distinguishing features of Mailerlite
- Elegant email newsletters are created using a simple drag-and-drop builder.
- Access to a few email templates from the library
- 12,000 email messages each month for a maximum of 1,000 subscribers on the free plan
- Segmenting of audiences indefinitely
- 10 landing pages and 1 website
- Unlimited embeddable and pop-up forms for email address collection
- Segmentation, interest-based groupings, and complete subscriber management
- Using a builder to develop your own API documentation, single-step automation, and access
- Integrations for online stores like WooCommerce and Shopify
- A/B testing, surveys, test emails, and particular timezone delivery are examples of optimization tools.
- Data for list expansion, e-commerce sales tracking, and automation reports are all included in the reporting.
- Standard email support
Usage and Verdict: From a single dashboard, MailerLite may be used to create landing pages (for events like webinars), pop-ups, and surveys.
It is perfect for startups, small- to medium-sized companies, and eCommerce stores that require strong deliverability because of all of this and the heatmap testing.
This is especially true given the increased monthly sending caps, which make it simpler to distribute newsletters without exceeding the cap.
For both small and large organizations, AWeber offers free email marketing services. Since 1998, AWeber has provided over one million businesses with incredibly simple email marketing tools to engage with prospects and consumers.
You can easily construct responsive landing pages, manage contacts, send eye-catching emails, send push notifications, and evaluate results using AWeber’s award-winning 24/7 US-based customer care. Through AWeber, customers may link their business’ apps and services with more than 1,000 software partners. Private company AWeber is based in Chalfont, Pennsylvania.
A completely free plan is offered.
The free plan from AWeber has a decent selection of features and a fair number of email allotments. Additionally, to phone help, you’ll have access to email and landing page templates. (View our complete review.)
Distinguishing Characteristics of Aweber
- AWeber, which was previously a list-based system, has transitioned to a tag-based approach, and it is quite easy to use.
- A vast array of form templates
- Excellent integrations with numerous third-party applications and websites
- Exceptionally thorough reporting for email broadcasts
- The visual editor is straightforward and functional.
- AWeber has a function for tracking sales.
- List management using AWeber is excellent.
- A first for email marketing software, it supports AMP for email and lets you decide whether subscribers to your list opt-in once or twice.
- Easy to set up simple time-based autoresponders.
- Excellent import features, including the ability to import a broad variety of file kinds and automatically add the imported email addresses to an autoresponder cycle.
- All email templates are responsive.
- Web fonts can be used in Aweber-hosted e-newsletters.
- An easy-to-use Canva integration is available.
Summary and Conclusion
The top 7 free email marketing services providers that i listed here are more than enough to start your email marketing campaign on a free plan or on a low budget. I have provided the top three pick I believe are good for small businesses above, and that’s not to decry the beauty of other platforms, to find a good email marketing platform for yourself, you can begin to give them a try, to ascertain the one that fits your business.
But do note that, the free package will come to an end whenever your business expand beyond the specified reach, at that point, be ready to upgrade your package.
Get our free Ebook: Prolific Email Marketing: Proven Guides For an Effective Email Marketing Campaign.
If you find this review good. kindly leave a comment or share below. thanks.