I provided all of those details to highlight the enormous benefit of having your own real estate business blog.
Prior to starting my blog full-time, I worked as a real estate marketer for a while at one of the major real estate firms. Being a traditional marketer, our custom is to hit the street and get the check.
However, I have to admit that finding clients while pacing the market, visiting hospitals, and conducting numerous night and day marketing campaigns and presentations is quite difficult.
I simply created a personal real estate blog, which gave me an advantage over many other real estate marketers. (you can check it out here: Mydrhomes).
I provided a lot of information about the company I work for, positioned myself as the expert to turn to for real estate, and shared images, posts, videos, and other content on this blog.
And guess what? I soon began receiving calls from a variety of people, even from locations I would never have thought to target with my marketing efforts. Even now, I continue to get calls from various people asking about investing in real estate.
Having now, the understanding of the enormous advantages of having your own real estate blog, I shall proceed from here to show you the step by step guide of how to create your own realtor business blog.
I will walk you through some other ways of making money from your real estate blog, the first set of pages to create for your blog and how to get traffic to your blog.
- Content Layout
- The two blog builder Platforms: Free (Hosted) or Paid Self-hosted).
- Using the Free Blogger Platform
- Creating Your Real Estate Blog With WordPress Via Hostinger
- WordPress Installation
- The Most Important Real Estate Blog Plugins
- Helpful Blog Practices
- How To Further Monetize Your Real Estate Blog
- How to drive traffic to your real estate blog
- Concluding Thought
The two blog builder Platforms: Free (Hosted) or Paid Self-hosted).
There are two blog building platforms to choose from: either the free blogger blog builder or the paid platform like wordpress.org.
There are many other blog building platforms, but those are the two I always recommend to my blog readers because I have had major successes using them.
Building your real estate blog using the WordPress platform is much more professional than using the free Blogger platform.
I have used the two and I must say they are good and are the best. However, using wordpress has it’s advantage over blogger, wordpress blog can be much more professional, and dynamically, you can twist your blog into anything you want (a portfolio or a website), plus, you have total authority seeing that it is self hosted.
Additionally, there is a sizable WordPress community. In other words, chances are good that you can discover the answer to your inquiry in a blog post or YouTube video. WordPress powers most websites (which means your future clients are probably using WordPress too).
With plugins and themes, WordPress self-hosted websites are significantly simpler to personalize. And lastly, creating a WordPress blog only takes ten minutes! The process is really simple. etc.
As a result, I’ll briefly describe how to set up your own free Blogspot blog in this post while also outlining the step-by-step instructions for setting up your WordPress real estate blog.
Using the Free Blogger Platform
USING BLOGGER: It comes with a free SSL certificate and is completely free, it is more simpler to use. As a result of being hosted by Google, your blog will index faster and appear in Google search results more rapidly.
And you can easily integrate your free blog with other Google products, such as Google Form, Google Drive, etc., and it is secure and dependable.
If you check the website I built for my real estate blog back in the days (Mydrhomes.blogspot.com), you will notice how beautiful it looks. I actually used blogger to build that blog. This is yet another blog that I build with blogger (www.ambassadorofgrace.com).
You will notice Two things about these two blogs:
1. The ambassador of grace blog doesn’t has “blogspot extension”, while the Mydrhomes blog has it. You will then agree with me that the ambassador of grace blog looks more professional because there’s no blogspot extension at the back of the URL.
If I were to remove the blogspot extension from mydrhomes, to make it “mydhromes.com”, then i will have to buy a domain name, from a domain name registrar. Of all the registrars i have used and seen, Namecheap is still the best (based on personal experience by the way).
So all you have to do is to go to namecheap.com, type your brainstormed domain name, if it is available then you can proceed with the transaction.
Once successful you can then go to your blogger dashboard and connect your domain to Namecheap. it quite easy to do anyway. and if you can’t, be sure to get an help.
2. The second thing you will notice is that, I used customized templates on the two blogs and that makes them to be more responsive and beautifully designed. the templates provided by blogspot are too generic and are not professional at all. Hence a need to look for a good template to install for your real estate blog.
How to get Template: For real estate specific templates for blogger, I will recommend that you go to Themeforest (by envato markets) there a lot of templates you can buy specifically for real estate and other niches.
However, I offer the ambasassadorofgrace template completely for free click here to download, while the other (mydrhome templates goes for a price (with copyright authority) click here to get a copy. (ND: The offer is limited).
At this point you will notice that it is not entirely free, if you intends to make it more professional as I have stated earlier.
How then do you create your real estate blog with blogger? I have written an in depth guide (step by step) with images how to create it from scratch, with basic and professional setting, advance SEO settings, how to write a blogpost and how to drive traffic. The ultimate guide to creating a free blog using blogspot.
Creating Your Real Estate Blog With WordPress Via Hostinger
There are two major things you need to create a real estate WordPress blog:
- A domain name (this will be the name (url) of your blog, e.g., wealthonnet.com) costs about $10 per year.
- A web hosting account (this is where your website will be hosted on the internet). around $2.75 monthly.
There are several hosting companies out there, however, Hostinger will be used; it is super cheap and has a good uptime, security and speed. After assessing its dependability and functionality ourselves, we do recommend Hostinger to ambitious WordPress bloggers.
Easily Create A Blog With Hostinger
With Hostinger: You get:
- Fast Loading Time (307 ms)
- Great Uptime 99.97%
- Multilingual Customer Support
- Free Website Builder, SSL and Domain Name
- Extremely Affordable
- Easy to Use Interface: One click WordPress Install
- A vast knowledge base of in-depth tutorials and videos
As we can see from the various review websites, they also seem to offer speedy and dependable customer service.
Since Hostinger is accredited to ICANN, it means you can also buy domain names from them.
Here is an indepth review of Hostinger, Features, Pricing, Pros and cons. and I also share with you the three important reasons why i moved my blog to Hostinger.
Observe the instructions below:
- Click the Auto Installer icon in your control panel.
- Type “WordPress” into the search box and press the Search button.
- The most recent WordPress version will be displayed. Just click it.
- Then, provide the necessary information, including your website’s domain name, title, slogan, language, administrator username, password, and email address.
- Select Install from the menu.
- Simply put, that is all there is to it. You can now log into your WordPress dashboard whenever you want.
Alternatively, Go to your Cpanel :
Click on my site with wordpress logo, after that, click create site. From there, a new page will appear as seen below.
Enter your site name: for instance: as in my case I put Wealth On Net Blog
Site Tagline (Short Description): Making money doing online jobs and businesses. Click next.
After the installation process, then advance to your wordpress dashboard.
You can access your wordpress dashboard through: the domain name you register/wp-admin/.
For example, wealthonnet.com/wp-admin/ and to my site dashboard it goes.
Using The WordPress Dashboard
After loading the url of your blog/website, you will be taken to the dashboard as seen above. Then at this stage, your real estate blogging journey has just started.
PAGES: You may access to your various pages here. You should as soon as possible add the first and the most important group of pages to your website, which are as follows:
- About us page
- Contact us page
- Disclosure/disclaimer page.
If creating some of these pages seems daunting, then I recommend Termly.io and get it done in a few minutes.
COMMENTS: This is where you control blog comments. If you wish to accept or reject comments, as well as establish other preferences (such as the information about commenters and the types of comments), then you can.
APPEARANCE: This is the blog customization area.
THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO BLOGGING: Learn how to start a money making blog.
Installing Real Estate Templates
Just as I have explained above, hover your mouse over the appearance on your dashboard, click on theme, and you will see a lot of templates that you can download and install it quickly.
However, if you desire a specific template for your blog, like professional templates (for real estate, lifestyle, magazine, news, portfolio, etc.), go over to Themeforest (Click here to access some of the best realtor/realestate templates) and you won’t be disappointed.
Elementor pro is a fremium wordpress page builder with usage statisctics of over 5 million users worldwide. Elementor can be used to customize and build your real estate blog or website as you deemed fit. With Elementor Pro, you can create nice landing pages , design your blog header, footer section etc.
Elementor Pro has these distinct features: Drag and drop page builder, over 300 pro premade templates that you can install and edit at will, access to theme builder , sign up forms models, and you can also create blog, online stores, landing pages and so on.
Try Elementor Pro
The Most Important Real Estate Blog Plugins
One other uniqueness of using wordpress is that; you have access to thousands of free and useful plugins. while some are freemium , some are entirely paid plugins. The following are some of the most essential and Important real estate blog plugin you must have on your blog or website to achieve success.
YOAST SEO: Installing the YOAST SEO plugin is essential if you operate areal estate blog and want to increase search traffic. You may optimize your blog entries for particular keywords using this WordPress plugin.
Although it also includes a free version with a ton of features, if you need even more amazing features, you may choose one of their premium plans.
UpdraftPlus: You must periodically create backups of your website in order to be able to restore all of your files in the event of an unintentional data loss. The UpdraftPlus plugin is useful in this situation.
Monsterinsight: Tracking the traffic to your site is crucial so that you may identify the most popular articles and the methods used to drive visitors there. Although Google Analytics may be used to track your visitors, you can install this useful plugin to access your dashboard analytics at any time.
With only a few clicks, it offers simple Google Analytics setup for WordPress, providing real-time statistics in your Google Analytics dashboard. Installation is cost-free.
Akismet Anti-Spam: Akismet is one of the most used plugins in WordPress history with over 5 million active downloads.
Smush: If you operate a travel blog, chances are good that you use a lot of photographs. Installing a free plugin like Smush, which reduces picture size, is therefore a better solution in order to speed up website loading.
Additionally, you can bulk-reduce the size of your images. The “Lossless Compression” feature of this plugin allows for image compression without sacrificing image quality.
Wordfence Security: Wordfence security is crucial because every day, thousands of WordPress websites are hacked. Even if it can be beneficial to utilize a safe web host like Bluehost, you should also think about installing plugins like Wordfence security.
It provides a firewall to block and identify harmful traffic. Additionally, it has a real-time IP blocklist that filters any requests from the IPs that are known to be dangerous, protecting your website and lightening server load. Use of it is also uncharged.
Helpful Blog Practices
The following are some good blogging practices that aids success:
- Maintain a good posting schedule: Be consistent with your posting. if you decide to blog three times a week then maintain the momentum. It heps a lot. to You can use Editorial Calender.
- Write Keyword Rich Contents: For me, I always write long-tail keyword articles. To increase search traffic to your site, use long-tail keywords. A keyword with three or more words is referred to as a long-tail keyword. For instance, “how to start a real estate blog for free” is an example. By focusing on such long-tail keywords rather to short-tail ones like “start a blog,” you can achieve higher ranks. No matter what niche you are in, long-tail keywords are easier to rank for and get a more focused audience. Finding successful long-tail keywords is simple with the aid of programs like SE Ranking.
- Publish Top Quality Articles: Only publish well-written, educating blog content. Publishing 5 mediocre blog posts is preferable to publishing 1 HIGH-quality article. Try to write articles with at least 2000 words because they frequently rank well in Google and garner a lot of social shares. If article writing is a bit of stress to you, you can outsource it. (Ultimate guide to business outsourcing).
- Collect Email List Immediate You Start: Create optin form that you can use to collect your blogs visitors emails. By so doing, you can reach to them over and over again for business purposes. Learn more about Email Marketing Success (Build your email list, or the business dies).
One of the problems that faces bloggers is getting quality contents for their blogs. however, with the use of AI software, many has been able to fill their blogs with to quality contents. Check out our Jasper AI reviews here, a top content writing AI that is being utilized these days.
How To Further Monetize Your Real Estate Blog
Generally, the major aim of creating a real estate blog is to get leads and sales online. However, there are other ways you can make money from your real estate blog.
- Create Real Estate Ebook: Given that you are an expert in real estate, you can create an ebook and get it sold on your blog. this can serve as an additional source of income for you. For your information a good yet small report of not more than 25 pages can be sold for nothing less than $10. Learn How to start making money by writing and selling high deman ebooks (even if you’ve never written any ebook before).
- Promote Affiliate Products: There are lot of affiliate programmes tailored mainly for real estate. you will do well to make search on google using this term: Real Estate Affiliate Programmes, You will see a lot of programmes that you can apply to, to promote on your blog. Go to Clickbank , Partnerstack, Jvzoo etc you will lot of real estate affiliate product to promote and earn a commission from. Here is an ultimate guide to start making money with affiliate marketing.
- Apply for google adsense: Once you start having enough traffic on your blog, you can apply for google adsense or ezoic. this ad network will display ads on your blog, and you will get paid for that.
- Offering Freelance Service like Consultation, real estate talks etc.
How to drive traffic to your real estate blog
I have written beforehand the 25 ways of getting traffic to your website. Nevertheless, i will share just a few of them.
- Do Article Marketing: Write articles and submit to articles directories with a link to your website. Learn the secrets of Article Marketing
- Do social media marketing: share your thoughts and websites on social medias like Facebook, twitter, Pinterest etc. Become a success bound social media marketer.
- Guest blog on other sites that relates to your niche.
- Use Facebook ads. Learn how to run a successful Facebook ads
- Write keyword rich articles on your blog.
- Submit your site to search engines like Google and bing etc.
I assume you’ve learned how to set up a WordPress blog by this point. Online business promotion through blogging is effective. It presents you as an authority in your subject to Google and your blog’s readers, gives you direct traffic from Google search, and is a terrific way to generate business leads and sales.
WordPress.org is still the best and most sophisticated blogging platform you can use, despite the fact that there are many alternative platforms like Blogspot, wordpress.com, site123, Podia, Medium, Tumblr, etc. that you may use to establish a blog.
NOTE: To create your own blog, do well to start with Hostinger as we have suggested, by using our affiliate link here, you stand to get upto 70% discount in your purchase. Click here to start with Hostinger. (Note: It is at no cost to you).
If you need assistance you can reach out to me via the contact page above.
How do I set up a real estate blog?
Setting up a real estate blog involves several steps. First, choose a blogging platform like WordPress or Blogger. Then, select a domain name that reflects your real estate niche. Install a real estate theme or customize your blog's design. Finally, start creating compelling content related to real estate topics.
What kind of content should I publish on a real estate blog?
Publish a variety of content to cater to your audience's needs. This can include market updates, home buying and selling tips, neighborhood spotlights, property listings, investment advice, and educational articles about the real estate industry.
How can I attract readers to my real estate blog?
To attract readers, optimize your blog for search engines (SEO), promote your content on social media, engage with real estate communities, collaborate with other bloggers or professionals in the field, and provide valuable and shareable content that addresses the needs and interests of your target audience.
Can I monetize my real estate blog?
Yes, there are several ways to monetize a real estate blog. You can display advertisements through ad networks like Google AdSense, join affiliate programs related to real estate products or services, offer sponsored content or sponsored listings, provide consulting or coaching services, or sell your own real estate-related products or courses.
How long does it take to monetize a real estate blog?
The timeline to monetize a real estate blog varies based on several factors, such as the quality of your content, the size of your audience, your marketing efforts, and the monetization strategies you implement. It can take months or even years to generate significant income, so patience and consistent effort are key.
Should I focus on a specific real estate niche for better monetization?
Focusing on a specific real estate niche can enhance your chances of monetization. By targeting a niche, such as luxury homes, commercial real estate, or property investing, you can position yourself as an expert and attract a more targeted audience, which may lead to higher conversions and monetization opportunities.
Are there any legal considerations for a real estate blog?
Yes, there are legal considerations when running a real estate blog, such as adhering to fair housing laws, disclosing any affiliate relationships or sponsored content, and ensuring that the information you provide is accurate and complies with local real estate regulations. It's advisable to consult with a legal professional familiar with real estate and blogging laws.